Tuesday 10 December 2013

December 2013 - a bit of rambling

Verbal rambling that is, not physical rambling! Not much to say this week, which is usually a good sign.

Those of you who use Google Now on your Smartphone will realise that it helpfully pops up every now and then and asks you whether "you care about journey times to a new place". I sometimes say yes to this request, as it is usually somewhere you visit a lot, like a friends house, or a parents house. However, it just goes to show how sad your life is when the place it is asking about is "Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth". Clearly I have been there so much lately (visiting my Dad mostly) that Google Now has seen fit to help me look at journey times to this favorite place. I appreciate it when technology is being helpful, but I can't quite forgive it on this occasion - but I did say 'yes'.

I have an appointment to go for nerve conductive tests next week, which will hopefully pinpoint where the issue is that is causing my leg and foot to be a tingly and numb. After that I guess I get to find out what is to be done about it, if anything. I'm hoping it falls in the "it's nothing to worry about and it will disappear all by itself in due course" category.

I also decided that as my vision has returned to normal now I haven't got a tumour pressing on my optic nerve, it was about time I got my eyes retested and have picked up a new set of spec's. Very smart they are too. As with all new spec's the world all feels a bit 'super HD' and a bit bubble like, but I'll get used to them. The contrast would be if I still had the tumour, I might have tunnel vision by now.....

So that's it for this week, I'll leave you with this one-liner that I saw recently from the great Billy Connolly

"My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger"

No comments:

Post a Comment