Monday 20 January 2014

January 2014 - Blue Monday

Hi there. Well today is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year, or Blue Monday as the media are calling it. Strange thing to do really, must be a quiet news day....just in case people might actually be feeling good about their day, the media pop up to let them know in fact they are supposed to be sad. Well as it happens the sun came out today, and it was a lovely day, so there!

Pituitary news is pretty quiet thankfully. Once again I found myself browsing through other peoples stories about their pituitary journey and am thinking myself lucky to have had such a relatively easy journey. The journey didn't feel that easy at times, but when you compare it to these couple of stories, well....

Suzy's story (someone with Hypopituitarism like me, although generally a lot more complicated a condition)

Peter's story (an Addisonian crisis, I had one of these and wish I hadn't)

I've been to my second Pilates session now, it wasn't any easier than the first session and I go to my third session tomorrow....certainly my stomach muscles ached after both sessions, a sign that they had been awoken for the first time in ages. I'm still saying I want to keep the exercise up, so fingers crossed. I went for a quick cycle ride on Sunday, haven't been on the bike since I don't know when. I zoomed around the block pretty quickly but boy did my legs burn, another sign that I have some way to go before I can properly consider myself 'getting fit' again. The big difference now is that I can rush off like that, and not collapse into a heap at the end of it. That is the really positive thing I focus on after all my exploits with my tumour removal.....my recovery time is just SO much better.

Finally, I don't think I've ever mentioned on here that I dabble with playing guitar (and keyboard). If I could even have 1% of the talent that Joe Bonamassa has for playing guitar, then I'd be a very happy man. So I'll leave you with a bit of Joe....



That's it for now

No comments:

Post a Comment